Basic instructions for beginners
- Login to the computer.
- Insert your USB drive. The USB port is located at the top of podium near the red button.
- Push the button to begin. The studio lights will turn on. There is a 15 second countdown before recording begins.
- Begin your presentation.
- Push the button to end. You must wait 2 minutes before removing your USB drive or starting another recording.
- Want to record another video? Return to Step 3.
- Done recording? Wait 2 minutes. Remove your USB drive. This will shut off the system.
- Logoff the computer.
Can more than one person use the room at a time?
- Yes, small groups of up to four students are welcome to work together on video recording projects.
- Because the room is small, we ask that you please do not bring extra furniture and chairs into the space.
I won’t need the podium for my presentation. Can I move it out of the way?
- Yes. Gently move the cable bundle out of the way, push the podium, and it will roll off to the side and out of your way.
- If you do move the podium during your recording session, before you leave please move it back and center it over the red “X” taped on the floor.
Can I use this room as a study space?
- No. This is a video recording studio, not for use as a group study room. Those not using this space for video recording projects will be asked to leave.
What do I need to bring with me?
- You must bring a USB drive with a minimum of 8GB of available storage and FAT32 formatted.
How do I know if my drive is formatted to FAT32?
- Here are some instructions on checking the formatting of your USB drive.
Which format will my video recording save as?
- The system will compress and save your recordings in MPEG-4, which can later be edited in video applications such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere, and Window Movie Maker, or uploaded to Youtube, Facebook, etc.
Where can I edit my videos?
- You can only record video in the One Button Studio.
- To edit your videos, you can use on any computer in Library West or any of the Academic Technology computer labs on campus. Bring headphones if you want to hear the playback of your recording.
- At Library West, six iMac computers are located on the southeast corner of the 2nd floor. These iMacs have iMovie and Adobe Premiere.
- Library West also has two hundred Windows computer workstations, located throughout the building. Software includes Windows Movie Maker and Adobe Premiere.