- There are 10 Test Proctoring Booths located on the southwest-side of the 2nd floor of Library West.
Equipment and Features
- a computer workstation on the UF network
- a webcam with a cord long enough to remove the camera from the monitor and show the proctor the space
- a door that closes for testing privacy
Booths do not have headphones.
- If your test requires headphones or a headset, you must bring your own.
Booths are not soundproof.
- Although the booths are located in a semi-quiet area of the 2nd floor, they are not soundproof.
- Please bring your own earplugs if you find ambient noise distracting.
Booking a Proctoring Booth
Who can book one?
- Currently-enrolled UF students may reserve an online proctored test booth for two and a half hours.
- Booths are only available to students taking online proctored exams and students must show their LibCal confirmation email if asked by Library staff.
What are the reservation times?
- Reservation times are set 2 and 3 hour blocks of time during Library West business hours.
- Students should be mindful of both preparation time and test length when selecting their reservation time, and allow for additional time to connect to the online proctoring company (ProctorU, HonorLock, Tegrity, etc.) and set up the online exam.
How do I book a proctoring booth?
- Go to https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/ProctorLibWest
- Choose a booth number and reservation time, then click to begin filling out the reservation form.
- When your reservation form has been submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from LibCal.
- If you do not receive a reservation confirmation email, contact Library West User Services at (352) 273-2525.
What happens if all the proctoring booths are reserved? What do I do?
- UF’s Division of Student Life has a list of alternate proctored online testing spaces on their website. Browse the list and see if reserving a space at another campus location works for you.
Testing Day: Important Procedures
Bring your LibCal reservation with you!
- Save your LibCal reservation confirmation email and have it with you when you come to Library West.
- You will need to know the booth number to go to.
- If the library is at capacity, showing this confirmation email will let you into the building.
No key required, but please do grab a cleaning wipe.
- No keys are required for the testing booths so you can skip stopping at the Circulation Desk and go straight to the booth you reserved.
- You may ask for a wipe at the Circulation Desk to clean the keyboard and mouse in the space you have reserved, or you may bring and use your own. Please do not use hand sanitizer liquids on the equipment.
Please arrive on time.
- Please do not enter the booth more than 5 minutes before your reservation start time.
Before entering the booth, check the room number and reservation time.
- Double-check your reservation time and room number, so you do not accidentally walk in on someone else’s exam.
Please leave on time.
- Booths are extremely popular.
- It’s important that you leave the booth by the end of your reservation period so that the next person can get to their test on time.
When leaving the booth, log out of the workstation and shut the door.
- You will need to log out of the workstation so that the next person can take their exam.
- Please close the door behind you as you leave the booth.
Computing and Proctoring Service Help
Library staff do not offer computing or testing support.
- We only assist with library proctoring booth reservations.
- If there are any issues connecting or problems with the workstation, please submit a Help Request to UF Academic Technology or call the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-4357.
Testing Service Issues
- Issues with the testing service will most quickly be resolved by contacting the help desk for the online proctoring company (ProctorU, HonorLock, Tegrity, etc.).