- There are 10 Test Proctoring Booths located on the southwest-side of the 2nd floor of Library West.
Equipment and Features
- a computer workstation on the UF network
- a webcam with a cord long enough to remove the camera from the monitor and show the proctor the space
- a door that closes for testing privacy
Booths do not have headphones.
- If your test requires headphones or a headset, you must bring your own.
Booths are not soundproof.
- Although the booths are located in a semi-quiet area of the 2nd floor, they are not soundproof.
- Please bring your own earplugs if you find ambient noise distracting.
Booking a Proctoring Booth
Who can book a booth?
- Currently-enrolled UF students may reserve an online proctored test booth for 2-hour and 3-hour blocks of time during Library West business hours.
- Booths are only available to students taking online proctored exams.
- Students must show their LibCal confirmation email when they come to pick up their key at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk.
What are the reservation times?
- Reservation times are set 2 and 3 hour blocks of time during Library West business hours.
- Students should be mindful of both preparation time and test length when selecting their reservation time, and allow for additional time to connect to the online proctoring company (ProctorU, HonorLock, Tegrity, etc.) and set up the online exam.
- These testing booths are not intended for synchronous exams, such as the large chemistry class exams. The booths and time blocks were created to accommodate students taking asynchronous, online, proctored exams.
How do I book a proctoring booth?
- Go to https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/ProctorLibWest
- Choose a booth number and reservation time, then click to begin filling out the reservation form.
- When your reservation form has been submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from LibCal.
- You must bring the confirmation email and your Gator1 Card with you to the 2nd floor Circulation Desk to check out the key to the booth.
- If you do not receive a reservation confirmation email, contact Library West User Services at (352) 273-2525.
Testing Day: Important Procedures
Bring your LibCal reservation with you!
- Save your LibCal reservation confirmation email. You must show this confirmation email and your Gator1 ID when you come to the 2nd floor Circulation Desk to check out the key.
Please arrive on time to the 2nd Floor Circulation Desk to check out a key.
- Bring your LibCal reservation confirmation email. You must show this confirmation email and your Gator1 ID when you come to the 2nd floor Circulation Desk to check out the key.
Please leave on time.
When leaving the booth, log out of the workstation and shut the door.
- You will need to log out of the workstation and leave the booth by the end of your reservation period.
- Close the door firmly behind you, make sure it is locked, and return the key to the Circulation Desk.
Computing and Proctoring Service Help
Library staff do not offer computing or testing support.
- We only assist with library proctoring booth reservations.
- If there are any issues connecting or problems with the workstation, please submit a Help Request to UF Academic Technology or call the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-4357.
Testing Service Issues
- Issues with the testing service will most quickly be resolved by contacting the help desk for the online proctoring company (ProctorU, HonorLock, Tegrity, etc.).