Graduate Student Floor at Library West
The sixth floor of Library West is specifically designated for the use by UF graduate students and is designed to support both quiet study and collaborative work.
- Wireless internet access.
- Individual study desks with power for laptops.
- Large reading tables for quiet group study.
- Lounge seating throughout the floor.
- 3 group study rooms: Two rooms accommodate up to six students and third room accommodates up to four students.
- Large, wall-mounted display panels are available in all three group study rooms with VGA, HDMI, and AirMedia Wi-Fi connections available.
- Mac adapters are available for checkout at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk.
- Media Production & Scanning Station.
- Small book lockers: assigned for one academic semester on a first-come, first-served basis. Ask our staff at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk if any are available.
- Black and White Print Release Station located in NW corner near lockers.
- Access to the graduate study area on the sixth floor is granted at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of Library West. You will need to have a Gator 1 card.
- Once your Gator 1 card has been activated by Circulation Services, you will scan/swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader in any of the library elevators before selecting floor 6.
- Only currently enrolled graduate students at the University of Florida may use the sixth floor. Others should not be admitted.
- The floor is available for use during all hours that Library West is open.
- Group study rooms must be reserved in advance through the online room reservation system.
- Keys for lockers may be checked out at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk.
- Please be considerate of other graduate students who are using the floor for quiet study.
- Repeat violations of guidelines may result in revocation of related privileges.