Can more than one person use the room at a time?
- Yes, small groups of up to four students are welcome to work together on video recording projects.
- Because the room is small, we ask that you please do not bring extra furniture and chairs into the space.
I won’t need the podium for my presentation. Can I move it out of the way?
- Yes. Gently move the cable bundle out of the way, push the podium, and it will roll off to the side and out of your way.
- If you do move the podium during your recording session, please move it back and center it over the red tape “X” on the floor before you leave.
Can I use this room as a study space?
- No. This is a video recording studio, not for use as a group study room. Patrons not using this space for video recording projects will be asked to leave.
Basic Instructions for Beginners
- Login to the computer.
- Insert your USB drive. The USB port is located at the top of podium near the red button.
- Push the button to begin. The studio lights will turn on. There is a 15 second countdown before recording begins.
- Begin filming.
- Push the button to end. You must wait 2 minutes before removing USB drive or beginning another recording.
- Want to record another video? Return to Step 3.
- Done recording? Wait 2 minutes. Remove your USB drive. This will shut off the system.
- Logoff the computer.
- Advanced users can create videos with our available recording templates.