The Meditation and Prayer Room may be used by up to four people at a time. The room may be accessed by current UF students, faculty, and staff by borrowing a key from the 2nd floor Circulation Desk. Users have access to the room for 30 mins and are asked to close and lock the room before returning the key.
This is a shared, intentional space. While meeting the needs of your practice, please be respectful and accommodating to others.
The Meditation and Prayer Room is located on the southeast corner of the 1st floor in room 140 next to the One Button Studio.
From the elevators on the first floor of Library West, head to the right past the shelves labeled “DA” and “HV”. On the left past the “HV” shelves, you will find the Wudu Station. To proceed to the Meditation and Prayer Room, head forward past the Wudu Station and shelves labeled “PG” until you reach a corner. Head right with the corner and follow the path along the wall. You will find the Meditation and Prayer Room on the left.
- Please remove your shoes.
- This area is not intended for studying, meetings, or sleeping.
- This is a quiet space. Silence electronic devices before using the room.
- Music or guided meditation are permitted if you are using headphones.
- Please avoid the use of strong scents. Candles, burning oils, incense, or any other flammable items are not permitted in the library.
- No food or drink in the room, except water.
- No more than 4 individuals at a time may occupy the room.
- No posters, signs, or other displays are to be left inside the room at any time. Anything you bring into the room with you should be removed when you leave.
- Leave the room as you found it, and remember not to leave personal items unattended.
Please direct comments or suggestions to Library West staff, or email email@example.com.
The purpose of a Wudu Station is to perform a religious form of cleaning oneself before prayer. Prayers are five times a day, and performing Wudu shows ablution before these daily prayers. The act involves washing your hands, mouth, nose, face, hair, ears, arms and feet before praying.
The Wudu Station at Library West is located a few steps from our Meditation and Prayer Room and is made available to our students who wish to perform Wudu before using the space.
Perfect spaces on campus, and around Gainesville, for practicing mindfulness meditation, reflection, contemplative prayer, and to re-energize.
Information on mindfulness courses, consultations, and workshops.
Mindfulness exercises to help reduce tension, relieve stress and reduce blood pressure.
Informational resources to support student well-being and academic success.
Informational resources to support student mental health.
Calendar of events for community wellness activities around the Gainesville area.
UF Wellness Coaching program and resources.